Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The time of harvest



We went apple picking to Garwood Orchard in La Porte. Apple picking is the best activity for us in early September. We tried this orchard for the first time and it was one of the greatest orchards in the region. It was a huge, beautiful, and very family friendly fun farm. They also have many kinds of vegetables and berries for U-pick. We got tons of apples in a several varieties.





Of course, I baked two apple pies that week.

And also my favorite Irish apple cake.
We've given away lots of apples to friends and we still have about a dozen left. I think I will make another apple dessert.

The leaves started coloring here in Northern Indiana. It is sad to know the Summer is surely over. But Fall is filled with the beauty of the nature. It is the time of harvest. What are you going to harvest this Fall?
I hope you are having a wonderful week.

Love,
Hiromi

2 comments:

  1. Good golly, your desserts look delicious! I wish I could get some! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alli. They were gone so quickly! I am afraid that we gained some weight in such a short term! <(*o*)> Hope you have a great Fall!

      Delete