They look exactly same as general one side Yo-Yo from one side.
As you can barely see in this picture, they are double sided.
You can see through the other side in the hole in the center of the Yo-Yo.
The same gathered textures on both sides.
This is the tutorial for making a Yo-Yo which measures about 4.5cm in diameter. (Sorry that the measurements are all in metric. It is hassle to me to convert them into inches. I saved a lot of time by not doing that. Thank you!)
1) You will need a piece of fabric 5cmx13.5cm.
2)Fold it in half with the wrong side out. Sew the ends together with pretty fine running stitches. Don't forget to make a back stitch on the both ends.
3) Fold the seam allowance to one side. It doesn't matter which way you go.
4) Fold 0.5cm from one edge.
5) Sew with about 0.5cm lengths of running stitches.
6) At the end make one stitch over the first stitch. This makes the gather secure and clean.
7) Pull the thread to gather.
8) Make a knot. One side is done.
9) Turn it over.
10) Fold the edge 0.5cm to inside.
11) Sew the edge like you did at 5) and 6). Then Pull the thread to shape it round like 7) and 8).
Finished! It was easy peasy lemon squeezy! Wright?
I am going to post about the projects applying these pretty double sided Yo-Yo next week. You probably want to make a few or more while you wait for the post. So you would be able to try the project right away.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial and have fun making them. Happy Yo-Yo making!