Thursday, April 7, 2011

Up-cycling Challenge #3

Today's item of  my "Up-Cycling Challenge" is this Spring-ish tote bag. It is made out of skirts I got from a thrift store. I used A-line shape of the flowery skirt up side down for the bag front. That means I didn't use any patterns.


The flower print is 100% cotton and the plaid one is linen blend. They were quality and in very good condition. I just love the colors of these fabrics.


I picked out a vivid yellow zipper for a pocket in back. It matches very well with the plaid I used for the side of the bag.


And also I made a flower brooch which is detachable. You can put it on your coat, sweater, scarf, or hat etc.


The lining is durable cotton duck canvas. There is one inside pocket and I added a set of magnetic snaps for a closure. It keeps the shape of the bag nice and neat.


I am so excited about taking custom orders on Saturday at Wabi sabi Saturday at Junk Evolution. I will bring in my books and some more purses I made. I am looking forward to seeing customers and friends over there. If you are in Michiana, please come to see me! 

3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful bag! You might consider joining us in the Pretty Little Pouches swap over on Flickr! The deadline is tomorrow. I put some of your work into my inspiration mosaic! Good luck at Wabi Sabi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! What a beautiful bag!!! I love the color!!!
    I think it will go well with summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Krista for including my bags in your mosaic. It is a brilliant collection! I wish I knew about the Pretty little pouches swap earlier. That is exactly my department!

    Hi Hiroko,
    I can't wait for wearing a summer dress! I will need to make one though :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete